Farmers Market Rules & Guidelines - Application
The following terms and conditions, additional rules and guidelines for consideration for being an Farmer’s Market area vendor. All vendors acknowledge they will abide by these rules per the submission of your application.
These rules & requirements are supplement to the overall general guidelines noted on our website under – general vendor information.
WHAT THE FESTIVAL PROVIDES
- One (1) 8’x12′ “fly” per space. The front is 8′ high and rear is 7′ high.
- First aid facilities
- ATM Services
- Trash removal
- Comfort stations
- Continuous entertainment on multiple stages
- Information booth
- Event marketing and publicity
- Quality control
- Crowd control
- One (1) 8′ white table per 8’x12′ booth space
SET UP: May begin on the Friday prior to festival weekend at 12:00 p.m. until dark and again on Saturday from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. ALL VEHICLES MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS BY 9:00 a.m. ON BOTH DAYS WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Security of merchandise is vendor’s responsibility. (See your application for dates)
MARKET SPECIFIC RULES:
1. Each Framers Market booth will be an 8’x12′ “Fly” or canvas tarp. Your selling area will be limited to 12 foot frontage and 8 feet down on side of your tarp. Booth is 8′ high in front and 7′ high in rear. You may NOT attach anything to the booth poles.
2. Registration Fee is $300.00 per 8’ X 12’ Farmers Market booth. Booth space will be assigned in advance and you must sell both Saturday and Sunday. There is a $200 additional fee to sell from the back of you booth. Submit registration by Feb 28, 2023 and only pay $275 Early Bird fee. (Rear booth fee still applies)
3. There will be NO selling out of trucks/cars/vans/trailers, etc.
4. Each booth selling food must apply for a $45.00 health permit from the Board of Health. Contact the Board of Health for information at 260-449-7561. Please read the general rule about liability insurance very carefully. Insurance is required of all food vendors.
5 Violation of any rule is grounds to exclude anyone for the remainder of the Festival and eliminated their participation in future Festivals.
6. FRESH VEGETABLES, FRUITS, PLANTS, DAIRY PRODUCTS AND DRIED FLOWERS AND PLANTS ARE THE ONLY ITEMS TO BE SOLD. ARTICLES SUCH AS JEWELRY, LEATHER GOODS, FEATHERS, POTTERY AND OTHER CRAFT ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE SOLD IN THE FARMERS MARKET AREA.
CONTRACTS: Applications are non-negotiable and NON-TRANSFERRABLE. If you are accepted into the festival, please do not send someone else in your place because they will not be allowed to set up. If you are sharing a booth, both dealer names must appear on the application.
QUALITY: The quality control committee reserves the right to ask vendors to remove items not appropriate for sale or décor.
BOOTH APPEARANCE: All tables are to be supplied by the dealers. Tables must be skirted to the ground with materials appropriate to the mid-19th century. No plastic shelving will be allowed. Please use wooden crates, boxes or similar containers to display merchandise. STORAGE BOXES MUST BE COVERED IN AN APPROPRIATE MANNER. Plastic or aluminum lawn chairs are not permitted. No canvas, canopies, or other privately owned coverings will be allowed except at night for booth coverings. One (1) 8′ white table will be supplied by the festival for each 8’x12′ booth space.
DRESS: Your appearance needs to comply with our period dress requirements. You can learn more about appropriate appearances for men, women and children in our general vendor guidelines area.
ACCEPTANCE: All applicants are carefully screened. You will be notified by mail or email of your acceptance into the Festival. Notifications will be made after the application deadline date. Please contact your area representative if you do not receive notification after thirty (30) days of the application deadline date.
DAILY RAIN POLICY: In the event of rain, goods may be protected by plastic or similar material. Rain gear is acceptable. You may elect to set up after 9:00 a.m., however no vehicles will be allowed to enter the grounds between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Saturday or 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. During this time, set up will be at each participant’s discretion. Under wet conditions, it will be acceptable to spread straw in your area. If participants follow the rain policy guidelines, their status will not be in jeopardy for future Festival participation.
TEAR DOWN: Vehicles may not enter the property or line up on the grounds or on city streets prior to the 5pm end of the festival.
BOOTH NUMBERS: Are assigned and locations may not be changed. Booth fees are reservations and not negotiable or transferable. You must stay within your designated booth area.
INSURANCE: The Johnny Appleseed Festival Board suggests each vendor provide their own liability insurance.
SALES TAX: State taxes, when applicable, must be paid by participating vendors.
CANCELLATION POLICY: No refunds will be issued if you cancel your application after August 1st.
These rules and guidelines are considered the terms and conditions you agree to abide by upon signing and submitting and application for consideration into the Johnny Appleseed Festival.
If you prefer to NOT apply online, use the PAPER APPLICTION – Download HERE – follow instructions, include payment and U.S. mail.